Guidelines for Using a Support Person in Provincial Court
Many self-represented litigants find that having a trusted friend or family member with them to provide emotional support, take notes, and organize documents can be a big help. In recognition of this, the Provincial Court of B.C. has adopted Guidelines for self-represented litigants to use a support person during a trial:
- Guidelines for Using a Support Person in Provincial Court.
- They’ve got a great outline of the Guidelines as well as tips in their eNews article.

More Information
Clicklaw has a few great starting points for people seeking information about going to B.C. Provincial Court.
The resources listed are also available in PDF format so you can print them out!
- Where do I start for information on Small Claims Court? (PDF)
- Where do I start for information on Family Court? (PDF)
- Where do I start for information on Criminal Court? (PDF)
Big Changes to Small Claims
On June 1, 2017, the limit for small claims increased to $35,000. The Civil Resolution Tribunal also began accepting small claims disputes up to $5,000. More information here.






0 comments:
Post a Comment